Thursday 19 November 2009

Medusa Necklace



Have you ever planned to do something and then ended up with doing something else? I do it all the time.... :) So the "Lovely day" necklace is still waiting for me, but I've finished with my entry for this week European Street Team Challenge hosted by ingermaaike this week under the topic 'Mythology'.

I've named my necklace "Medusa" because it is inspired by a myth about Medusa:
Medusa, originally a beautiful young woman whose crowning glory was her magnificent long hair, was desired and courted by many suitors. Yet before she could be betrothed to a husband, Poseidon (Neptune) found her worshipping in the temple of Athena (Minerva) and ravished her. Athena was outraged at her sacred temple being violated, and punished Medusa by turning her beautiful tresses into snakes and giving her the destructive power to turn anyone who looked directly at her into stone. (source http://www.webwinds.com/thalassa/medusa.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment